This delicious recipe can be made vegetarian or with chicken.
Makes 8-10 enchiladas
1/4 cup chopped onion 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 package cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s 8 to 10 corn tortillas
1 30-ounce can of prepared green enchilada sauce 1/2 cup lite Mexican blend cheese from Trader Joe’s
1 4-ounce can sliced olives, drained
Optional: diced cooked chicken breast, sour cream, chopped cilantro, avocado, diced tomatoes, salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium high heat. Saute onions, cilantro and jalapeno until softened, approximately four minutes.
3. Add the lentils, one cup of green enchilada sauce and the chicken (if using) to the vegetables and heat through.
4. Meanwhile, wrap 8 to 10 tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave for approximately 30 seconds to soften.
5. Pour another cup of the green enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13 × 9-inch baking dish.
6. Put several spoonfuls of the lentil mixture into each tortilla and roll, placing the tortilla seamside down in the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
7. Pour remaining green enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas and top with cheese.
8. Bake enchiladas for 20-25 minutes.
9. Garnish with sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, diced tomatoes and/or salsa.