So Easy Homemade soeasyhomemade.wordpress.com
My toddler, who ordinarily wouldn’t touch anything, er… green, gobbles these up! Great little snack to replace popcorn.
– Half a bunch of kale (any kind will do)
– 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
– dash of salt
1. Wash the kale and pull the leaves off the stems in chip-size pieces (I actually often use that pre-washed, pre-chopped bagged kale, and keep the stems in there… but the stems don’t really crisp up nicely).
2. Put the kale pieces into a bowl and add the two oils and salt. A little oil and salt go a LONG way, so be conservative. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until the kale is completely coated.
3. Lay the kale out on a baking sheet or two, so that it is in one single layer.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, checking often to make sure the kale hasn’t started to burn. Alternately, you can do a 200 degree oven for longer, and have less burn worries.
5. Remove the kale from the oven when the chips get crispy and eat right away (they get stale FAST).
These don’t last long in my house, and there are rarely leftovers. Enjoy!
Follow Eva Jo, El Cerrito East Bay Mom of Rafi and Felix, at soeasyhomemade.wordpress.com